Saturday 13 February 2021

Scars

Just a quick post to share a couple of songs really.

I had one of those hard days on Thursday. A day and time which engulfs calm perspective with fear, guilt and agony of the soul. It hurts. It will most likely leave a little scar in my heart and on my mind and that’s ok ... it’s the recognition and moving forward with peace and a desire to learn and share from it which I value most.

I was reminded of the song by ‘I Am They’ which I’ll attach at the end. They express thankfulness for scars because they remind us of who God is and that we are loved despite of and through the turmoil of our lives. God is a God of healing. Every single thing in life is redeemable, there is nothing outside of God’s grace, redemption and healing power. Thank goodness for that!

I recall being in a group a few years ago now where there was discussion about scars being evidence of healing and how true that is! They may well niggle you or itch every now and then, but as you consider them, be thankful for the healing. What a good reminder scars are ... we have moved forward, learnt and grown in wisdom, love, compassion, dependence on our good, Heavenly Father. 

We can therefore be used by God to serve His cause and help others because our lives have faced challenge, pain, distress and suffering ... we are real and honest. That is what the world needs. Honest hearts willing to share and show true love; the love we have experienced from God through both the highs and lows of life.

I love the song by Casting Crowns ‘Nobody’ ... the lyrics are just so great. I truly am a nobody just attempting to share my life and God’s love. Yes I may still face challenges in life, but I am uplifted and excited by God’s goodness ~ His faithfulness in my future.

Ingrid xx

Scars by I Am They

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OqjGT9BSyJA&feature=share

Nobody by Casting Crowns

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1yBzIt_z8oY&feature=share


No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...