Sunday 5 September 2021

God makes a way

I have to attend a court hearing in the morning (Monday). I know what I want the outcome to be, but I have no control over it myself. A judge will rule and order … I must then follow through and obey the order. It’s really not an easy or pleasant prospect as I’m sitting in bed now contemplating it. All I can do is prepare and pray.

I’ve been reminded twice today (Sunday) of the path God gave in a very unique and specific way, to his people. My son was taught about the story at church, and a reading this evening reminds me about it again … “for we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you came out of Egypt” (Joshua 2v10).

God goes before.

The Israelites had no clue what would happen and if they would be provided for … I’m pretty sure that down to the last person, they wouldn’t have guessed that God would part the whole sea and just make a path across for them! As they approached, they simply had to marvel at the interference and provision of God and then to trust it and keep walking forward in faith. 

You can just imagine some of the chatter as one by one they saw the sea walls standing up and a dry path underfoot … mind blowing miraculous wonder! I think we’d have probably let the Egyptians catch up too quickly by all stopping to take selfie’s with the wall of sea behind us!

Later on it was a witness of God’s provision and grace … others heard and wanted to know this true and living God. Who wouldn’t want to?!

And it’s the same today, and tomorrow … I must trust in God’s interference and provision … He has gone before and made right the path I must take for myself and my children. He is already in tomorrow. He is already in the detail and in the order the judge will give. His justice will prevail and his provision will never fail. Prayers going up to him add protection for me and my children as well as the aroma of pleasing unity and care to the heart of the one God who wants to do exceedingly above and beyond all that we desire and think.

So, I can quite easily now just go to sleep, to lay me down in peace, because he alone makes me dwell in safety (Psalm 4v8). He has gone before and I will rise to witness his power, provision and protection. What an amazing God we have. To trust him is just the most sensible thing anyone could ever do.

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...