Friday 17 September 2021

Self-belief

I often find it hard to gauge inner confidence and to know I am truly secure in my self-worth. To accept who I am with all my limitations whilst having the strength of character to make decisions, trust my motives and stand my ground. 

I guess it can often depend or circumstances. We can all too easily become confident and comfortable with what we know and are familiar with, but put into a new situation or made to face a challenge previously unknown to us, of course our self confidence and assurance will waver. Yet that doesn’t mean we are any different to who we were the moment before … we are still just as worth while and valuable.

Confusing both experience and expertise with inner self assurance as to our core identity, worth and purpose will create instability, wavering and doubt … not good!

Let’s face it, everyone could continue to learn something new until they die. We’ll all face dilemmas and feel like a ‘duck out of water’ at some point, but that shouldn’t equate to an inner turmoil of self doubt. Someone who has their ‘core’ right and secure can face a curveball with stability and a calm assurance. They will learn what to do or find out what’s needed; ask for help or wait patiently for further information … it’s a chosen response governed by inner acceptance and peace. To be tossed around and agitated only feeds anxiety, fear and doubt, it’s not helpful at all! It can most certainly affect our health and our demeanor … a ‘fallen’ expression or furrowed brow can turn to harsher persona … not something that’s attractive when compared with the look of serenity!

So, I am saying to myself really, not to allow confusion over a circumstance to waver my known assurance of what is right and also that my motive is ok … don’t give in to doubt or fear … be strong and courageous; stand for justice and faith; persevere and endure … and when all else fails, stand … it is in the toughest of battles that the evidence of God’s presence is not necessarily greater, because he is with us all the time, but it is more relied upon and asked for … when I am weak then I am strong but only because of his strength in me, for greater is he who is in me than he who is in the world. Now that is something to provide great stability, assurance and confidence.

For me, my current battle may involve a court room and difficulties that I hope none of you will ever face, however yours may involve concerns over your health that you hope I will never face, or maybe financial worries … a business venture or having to sell up; a challenging relationship or a grief. We will all have something at some point, but the key is to know with full assurance of faith that we are loved, secure, are of great value and have all the resources our Heavenly Father ready to help and aid us.

I need to doubt myself less and trust my God more.

Ingrid x


No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...