Saturday 24 April 2021








My youngest sister gave me this precious antique little box of promises (it's not a bug hotel ... in fact, the bugs would most definitely eat them!) It may require tweezers to pull one out but they are the cutest little rolls of paper with delights on every one. I'm sharing the one I read this morning (sat 24th April).

I had some irrational anxiety about my children going away for the weekend with their father. For some reason, I felt as though something bad was going to happen, I did even cry with apprehension. They are still away and won't be back till between 4-5pm tomorrow. I had to try to pray and leave my deep worries with God. My feelings were weak and fearful about something that hadn't even happened. God asks for trust in Him and for my / your anxieties, concerns, forebodings to be cast on Him so that He can deal with them and help me / you to rest in His strength and care. It's tough ... but it shouldn't be. So earlier today, this promise was a pretty good one for me to 'randomly' pull out.

Robert C Sproul once said "I don't always feel His presence. But God's promises do not depend upon my feelings; they rest upon His integrity". Thank goodness for that.

I will continue to pray for their safety and happy return to me tomorrow. As the old hymn encourages us, we should 'stand on the promises of God'. They are sure and steadfast, they cannot be broken or forgotten ... why? Because they are given to us by God Himself who cannot lie and is faithful ... "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith ... (and) let us hold fast the confession of our hope ..., for he who promised is faithful" (Hebrews 10v22-23).

Ingrid x







No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...