Sunday 1 August 2021

Moving house

Ok, so moving house is not for the faint hearted and I wholeheartedly hope that I don’t have to do it again!

I woke at 5:20am yesterday and was on my feet until 10pm and then couldn’t get to sleep … what on earth is that about?

I am so at peace about moving, despite the monumental amount of work still to do. Chaos reigns; there is much confusion as to what’s where, yet I am calm and content. I am so thankful to God for directing and providing.

At risk of sounding somewhat clichéd or pious, I do honestly hope that I can continually say “as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24v15). I don’t expect for one minute that’ll mean I’m always content and peaceful, patient and glorifying God! Far from it … I will moan and get cross, be impatient and grumpy, because I know my own frail humanity. What I do hope though, is that through the normal experiences of living … just being the unique person I am, that I am always aware of God’s faithfulness, provision, kindness and love. Despite who I am and how I act, I want to know his forgiveness and mercy … to know his presence with me as I now enter a new chapter of my life, in a new home here on planet earth, which is what he has provided for me and my children. It is really his, but I will do my best to look after it, share it and enjoy it for us and the use of others.

Come visit … once I’ve unpacked!

Ingrid x


No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...