Thursday 27 May 2021

A Prayer

Dear Lord

Please help me to become more like you. Please help me to have:

peace in my mind
love in my heart
compassion in my actions
wisdom in my decisions
hope in my demeanor
truth in my speech
courage when needed
calmness in my spirit
dignity in my behaviour
fortitude in my beliefs
security in my identity
goodness in my values
acceptance in my circumstances
contentment with my every day life
passion to share you with others
patience with my children
commitment to grow in my faith
serenity in my soul
self control when tempted
eyesight / vision which exemplifies mercy
grace when falsely accused
long suffering when tried and tested
availability for others 
deep seated joy always

Amen!

And a lovely hymn to listen to ... ‘There is a higher throne’ by Keith & Kristyn Getty:


Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Thought 3

In a recent UCB word for the day I read “When people attempt to use situations to destroy you, God can use them to develop you. He delights ...