Thursday 12 August 2021

Another quote

Still no wifi and still busy with the holidays and unpacking! So another cheat of a post to share a quote … thanks to my oldest sister for sharing with me … I don’t know who the author is … she’ll have to post in the comments if she knows!

“When you’re young, it’s easy to confuse strength with dominance; when you’re older, you realize the feat of character it takes to be meek. I used to imagine my calling was to defend the Truth. Now I’m just trying to figure out how to love.”

I truly believe that to love and to be kind, in their most proper sense, is to be the essence of what God wants from each and every one of us. 

What’s the only thing stronger and more powerful than dominance, hate and control? Love. 

What’s the only thing mightier than cruelty and bullying? Kindness.

Light dispels the dark … always.

God’s ways, his commands and laws are far more compelling, affecting and victorious. There is strength and honour in meekness of character and humility of heart. It’s often much harder for sure, but that makes it even more real and lasting … for eternity.

The quote reminds me of one of my favourite challenges which I very regularly say out loud to myself “truth with love” … speak it, act it, share it and live it out in all aspects of life.

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...