Thursday 26 May 2022

God’s will

Ok so I appreciate that the title of this blog is rather a huge subject and greatly debated with many schools of thought by those far more qualified and learned than myself.

So that being said, I’ll of course stick to my simple ramblings and musings.

Following a conversation with a new friend and realising that we both had big decisions to make this year, I was driving home asking God to make his will known and to show the way ahead to both her and myself. 

I struggle with the fact that it’s so hard to know what God’s will is for a certain decision when in fact it should surely be easy because after all He wants us to walk in His will, so why wouldn’t He make it clear for us … to help us avoid mistakes? As I questioned God again with this whole thought process I realised what I needed to do was to stop all trains of thought and clear the crazy chaos of cognition away. My jumbled thoughts racing in all directions just clouds and fogs up rather than bringing clarity.

At that point, God through Jesus simply said and says “Follow Me”. That’s it!

What better way to calm the soul and make sense of the scrambled egg mind. At the sound of those words from the one who holds my breath in his hands whilst upholding all things by the word of his power; the need to understand every detail relating to my options and plans just melts away. It’s ok. He’s got it.

All I need to do is to make sure I’m following Him. That’s it. 

I may not know what lays ahead. I may not understand the paths I could be asked to walk or decisions which will unfold, but I do know that if I am following God through His word (Jesus) then he will be the light, shining the exact amount needed for my next step. He will light the way and provide for the way … and it will be good.

Perspective and priority … first things first, just follow Him. All else will fall into place and be amazingly less significant than how it appeared prior to the re-shuffle in priorities and perspective.

Jesus wasn’t complicated or cryptic, he simply said “follow me”. There was no need for questions around provision or timings, location or salary. He was more than enough to satisfy any anxieties, and he still is.

Live in the moment and follow Him. No one has or ever will regret it.

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...