Thursday 29 April 2021

An old card

I’ve recently been going through a small box from the loft which had been untouched for years. Inside I found unexpected delights as well as some harder to digest bits of history ... I had no recollection of keeping all the letters, cards, notes and such like. I’m not even sure how to describe some of the feelings and musings over memories that the box has generated. Anyhow, for this moment and blog, I’d like to share a poem that was written inside a card to me and my ex-husband on our 5th wedding anniversary in 2002, from my one of my sisters. She didn’t cite an author but I’ve  looked it up and it’s written by Barbara C Ryberg:

“He does not lead me year by year
Nor even day by day.
But step by step my path unfolds;
My Lord directs my way.

Tomorrow’s paths I do not know,
I only know this minute;
But He will say, “This is the way
By faith now walk ye in it.”

And I am glad that it is so.
Today’s enough to bear;
And when tomorrow comes, His grace
Shall far exceed its care.

What need to worry then, or fret?
The God who gave His son
Holds all my moments in His hand
And gives them, one by one”.

Nice, isn’t it?
Ingrid x


No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...