Saturday 3 April 2021

Happy Easter

What a celebration! This should be the most exciting remembrance day for Christians.

Christ died, suffered and was buried for us and how solemn contemplating that is ... yet on the third day He rose from the grave! The resurrection is the crux, the ultimate seal of finality and act of God to evidence that His rescue plan of humankind was accomplished. It was finished indeed ... Jesus Christ abandoned His earthly body and took up residence again beside His Father God. He had completely fulfilled His mission with perfection. Death was not the end, it was the beginning of new life in Christ to all who believe, brought about by His return to life!

The grave could not contain Him; guards at the tomb could not prevent Him; death was shrugged off with the grave clothes; an official sentence given by mere human dictators was turned upside down ... “oh death where is your sting; oh grave where is your victory?” (1 Cor 15v55)

The Lord of Glory was triumphant over death ... the only one who could be ... so that we may live forever! What kind of love is this? 

With the words of the song writer Alfred Ackley, let us say:

‘I serve a living Saviour
He’s in the world today
I know that He is living
Whatever men may say
I see His hand of mercy
I hear His voice of cheer
And just the time I need Him
He’s always near

     He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
     He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way
     He lives, He lives, salvation to impart
     You ask me how I know He lives
     He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me
I see His loving care
And though my heart grows weary
I never will despair
I know that He is leading
Through all the stormy blast
The day of His appearing 
Will come at last

Rejoice, rejoice O Christian
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King
The hope of all who seek Him
The help of all who find
None other is so loving
So good and kind.’

Let us live in light of the resurrection ... our Saviour is one who conquered death! The power within us through His Spirit is greater than any fear or oppressor. We are living on the victory side and are more than conquerors through Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.

Romans 8v31-39.

Wishing you all a happy Easter 2021.

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...