Sunday 8 August 2021

Just a couple of sisterhood shares, both from my youngest sister this time; a screenshot and a song.

Over the past 2-3 days I’ve been pondering a little about my own testimony and how my faith would stand up if really tested … not through persecution like some in the world suffer, but more akin to my own vulnerabilities. 

For example, if in certain company, would I be as likely to stand up for what I believe and withdraw from the conversation should it head toward things I would be much better off having no part in; or would I want to be accepted and seen as one of the group. May sound silly but we all want to be accepted and liked, therefore we are quite likely to brush aside grey areas and go with the flow rather than be seen as different.

If someone asked me outright if I was a Christian I’d have no problem saying yes … but what if my life depended on the answer and like some have had to face, I would be shot if I said yes? What about other questions from friends or acquaintances which prove hard subjects and ones which are current hot topics? Would I speak the truth with love as I see it in God’s word or fumble about and avoid any awkwardness or reprisal?

There’s a lot of soul searching to do and I think a big part of the bottom line is to know God … to really know him would mean that I would have no fear, but hope … and be more than happy to stand up for and share that hope, despite any adverse consequences. He would also provide the grace and right words with which to do it. 

The attractiveness to the alternative of holding my ground for God, in a moment or situation, is a fleeting and empty satisfactory temptation fulfilled; whereas to maintain God’s statutes for my life results in eternal blessings and rewards. There is no real comparison. 

May God protect us and give us strength in every moment we face against our weaknesses and trials, that we may come forth as victors, pleasing to him who made us and redeemed us through the precious sacrifice of his own son.

City Alight ~ Christ is Mine Forevermore:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=roQovDZeAWE&feature=share

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...