Thursday 30 September 2021

Harbour in the Storm

A friend shared this with me from ‘Lion Bite word for today’. I hadn’t heard of them before but have enjoyed reading a couple of them. It’s so frustratingly easy to seek satisfaction in all the wrong places. Some places; things; people; activities, may even provide satisfaction temporarily, but the only lasting solution is indeed found in the one who gives living water and undiluted hope.

………………………….

Jeremiah 2v13: My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.

I am the source of all solutions, of all hope, all joy, all peace.  I am the source of all wisdom and revelation.  I am the pure source, the unbroken channel, the untainted, unfiltered, pure source of life.  


Like a boat tossed in a storm, the temptation is to run to other lights, to other sources; to those that seem quicker, or easier, nearer, more familiar, or even seem safer.  Like the Israelites who even longed to go back to captivity when discouraged, or the times my people turned to Egypt for her strength instead of mine; do not be tempted to run to any other port but mine!  Do not be tempted to think ‘any port in a storm’.  I am your first port of call, your port in any storm.  I am your safe harbour. 


We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure…. (Hebrews 6v19)


Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...