Saturday 23 October 2021

Weary Traveler

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest”. (Matthew 11v28) The Message puts it this way: 

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Isn’t it a relief to know that when the moments come (and they will) where life just seems too hard; too wearisome and heavy … the load is weighing us down, that we have a divine resource, one who says “my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11v30). Suffering may be inevitable but the weight of it and it’s impact can be off-set by giving it to the only one who can truly take it and in return lighten our load. 

“I’d advise you, then, to quickly get rid of your burden; for until then you’ll never be settled in your mind or enjoy the benefits of the blessings that God has given you” (John Bunyan, Pilgrim).

We’re all on a journey and we’ll all get weary at some point. God is with us every step of the way … talk to him and let him help share and lighten the load.

Another song for you … I love the line in this one ‘you were never meant to walk this road alone’. Listen to ‘Weary Traveler’ ~ Jordan St. Cyr:

https://youtu.be/Z36k-BXIags

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...