Saturday 6 February 2021

Breathe

For all of you out there having to home school whilst juggling many other daily activities too ... maybe alongside having to care for pre school age children .... you could be doing this as a lone parent or under difficult home circumstances ... I hear you. It’s tough and best not to think beyond trying to reach the end of the current day!

We all have different stories and situations. I know a lot of folk wish they knew the future but to be honest I’m glad I don’t.... as long as I have just enough strength to get through today then that’s fine for now.

One of my sisters lost a close friend lately (not to covid), a young mother to 3 children. Life can be so full of suffering and questions, but, there is hope in the God of all comfort who eagerly waits to provide solace when we struggle in the moments of our deepest pain and confusion. 

John Newton (the author of Amazing Grace) wrote: “Let those who know Him (God), and trust Him, be of good courage. He can give them strength according to their day. He can increase their strength as their trials increase ... and what He can do, He has promised He will do”.

Joni Eareckson Tada could be quoted many times in reference to faith in the face of great suffering but I’ll just include one: “Heartache forces us to embrace God out of desperate, urgent need. God is never closer than when your heart is aching”.

God’s grace will give us strength in the struggle.

So if you feel as though you’re juggling at least one too many balls, or walking a tightrope which is rapidly fraying underfoot, just breathe ... and do the next right thing (which could be as simple as putting the kettle on). 

Here’s a couple of lovely verses and a song to follow:

‘But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble’ (Psalm 59v16).

‘I love you - God, you make me strong. God is bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight. My God - the high crag where I run for dear life, hiding behind the boulders, safe in the granite hideout’ (Psalm 18v1-2).

“Chaos calls, but all you really need, is to just breathe”

‘Breathe’ by Jonny Diaz

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hnjeMwxFuBA&feature=share

Ingrid x


1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely reminder to trust God and keep praising him through the crazy times - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...