Monday 1 February 2021

I’d like to share a song ...

Some of you reading this may know me, however you may not know that at times during my life I have wanted to die. I have also understood how some resort to self harm. Life is challenging and death can seem to be an escape when we reach our lowest and most desperate moments.

I’m here to tell you that even at those times for me, God was there. I may not have felt it or known it as such, but He was always there. 

I look back and can say like the words of this song, that I can see the evidence of God in my life. His goodness, His faithfulness, His mercy, His love, His protection and the hope which He gives both now and beyond death. Therefore, what is there to fear?

I don't understand why my life has turned out the way it has so far, although I know that a lot of it has been down to my own personal choices, maybe some ignorance and naivety, being far too vulnerable to temptation and struggling with my own identity and purpose.  

What I do know and my desire is, that my past does not define me, but that it continues to teach me and enable me to live my future in line with God's plan for my life. For His word and truth to be embedded into my daily living and for my life to be used and shared for the benefit of others. Then maybe one day sense will be made of the chaos, purpose will be evident in the process and peace will pervade every nook and cranny of the heart.

The song is ‘Evidence’ by Josh Baldwin

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jD7N1HvbI&feature=share

With my love
Ingrid x

Some of you may know this song by Ray Boltz which also resonates:

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There've been times I didn't know right from wrong:
But in every situation God gave me blessed consolation
He only gave me trials to make me strong.
Through it all, through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all, through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word.
I've been to lots of places
And I've seen a lot of faces
There've been times I felt so all alone
But in my lonely hours
Yes, those precious lonely hours
Jesus let me know that I was His own.
Through it all, through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all, through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word.
I thank God for the mountains
And I thank Him for the valleys
I thank Him for the storms
He brought me through
For if I'd never had a problem
I wouldn't know that He could solve them
I'd never know what faith in God could do.
Through it all, through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all, through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word.





1 comment:

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...