Saturday 17 July 2021

The same God ...

It’s so easy to praise God and appreciate his presence in your life when things are ‘good’. May be less so when we face trials and despondency. It’s during these times when we need reminding that the God on the mountain top is the God of the valley ... He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13v8). Whether times are tough and you loose peace, or are seemingly calm and very peaceful ... you are never alone.

Every night leads to morning and every winter leads to spring. Don’t doubt God and don’t fall into despair ... keep your faith. The God of the day, is still God in the night. He promises us that he will never leave or forsake us (Hebrews 13v5) ... never means never ... it is not conditional on circumstances, environment or societal demands. Whatever pressing concern or worry you have, God is present ... he is a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46v1).

Our job is to claim these promises and rest in them. So often I pray and lay my worries before God but keep on worrying. I need greater trust and a fuller, deeper appreciation of God. I can truly depend upon him like no other ... he does care and he will listen ... if I give him my concerns as he has asked me to do (Matt 11v28 & 1 Peter 5v7), then I can expect rest and peace. You can too.

Lynda Randle ~ God on the mountain:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mvkCoC0ZOZc&feature=share

Ingrid x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...