Sunday 21 March 2021

The Next Thing ...

It’s been a case of getting through Friday, then burying ‘Pebble’ on Saturday and now preparing for the next thing. If that sounds flippant and dismissive then I can assure you it’s not. It just happens that on Tuesday I have a court case. I have to focus on it and be as prepared as I can, so there’s really not much time for rest. Between the big ‘things’ and the 3 children, even though I would have loved a duvet day today, it’s a case of carrying on. As long as my aches and sore throat don’t come to anything, I’ll be fine. In fact no matter what, I should still trust God in each moment and for each outcome.

I find it so easy to get concerned about the ‘what if’s’, or after the event, the ‘if only’s’. I have a duty to do my bit, but beyond that, I know that I should be able to leave it with the Lord. So I’ve looked up some verses to help me and I’ve asked friends and family to pray for me, to pray for the judge and that the right ruling / outcome will be given (even if it’s not exactly what I have wanted or think is best). After that, I need peace ... peace to accept and move forward, knowing that God has been in the detail and knows exactly what He’s doing and allowing.

Remember this verse in Genesis 18 (v25)? “Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?” Isn't it great to rest in that fact ... He is the ultimate judge and will always rule with complete justice. I like this too, that "nothing will be impossible with God" (Luke 1v37) and "If God be for (me), who can be against (me)?" (Romans 8v31).

Of course it doesn't mean that because God is my God and I have prayed and can trust Him, that I won't be challenged, or that the ruling will be what I want ... it doesn't work like that. But I can trust Him with the outcome and that He will sustain me throughout the proceedings. He will also give me strength to continue and a peace to accept whatever the future holds, which may well baffle and go beyond any human comprehension ... but that's our God and His peace with hope is just what our souls need!

"I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" (Psalm 56v11) ... "The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; He is my helper ... It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans" (Psalm 118v6-8). "So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?" (Hebrews 13v6).

Isn't the Bible great?! God has already gone before me, He knows what lays ahead. The battle does indeed belong to Him and I'm ok with that ... in fact, I'm very thankful for it. One more verse which is so encouraging: "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think" (Eph 3v20) ... I think that often in our prayers and petitions we can be lacking in boldness because we may feel that we don't deserve what we're asking for, or concerned that it may not be what God's will is for us. We have a great big God who is our caring Father ... He knows our hearts and our motives; He knows what is best for us and He loves us so unconditionally that no matter what we pray for or how we pray, He will go before us and do what is both just and for our best. Now that's something I can happily rest in.

Please listen to this great song, the words of which have helped me and I will no doubt listen to it a lot over the next few days: ‘Battle Belongs’ ~ Phil Wickham

https://youtube.com/watch?v=johgSkNj3-A&feature=share

I'm going to type out the words to another song called 'The Promise' by The Martins because I think they're helpful and so reassuring:

"I never said that I would give you silver or gold,
or that you would never feel the fire or shiver in the cold,
But I did say you'd never walk through this world alone...
And I did say, don't make this world your home.
I didn't say that fear wouldn't find you in the night,
or that loneliness was something you'd never have to fight,
But I did say I'd be right there by your side,
And I did say, I'll always help you fight.
'Cause you know I made a promise that I intend to keep,
My grace will be sufficient in every time of need.
My love will be the anchor that you can hold onto,
This is the promise, this is the promise, I've made to you.
I never said that friends would never turn their backs on you,
or that the world around you wouldn't see you as a fool,
But I did say like me, you'll surely be despised,
And I did say, my ways confound the wise.
I didn't say you'd never taste the bitter kiss of death,
or have to walk through chilly Jordan to enter into rest,
But I did say I'd be waiting right on the other side,
And I did say, I'll dry every tear you cry.
'Cause you know I made a promise that I've prepared a place,
And some day sooner than you think, you'll see me face to face,
And you'll sing with the angels and a countless multitude,
This is the promise, this is the promise, I've made to you.
So just keep walkin', don't turn to the left or right,
And in the midst of darkness, let this be your light,
That hell can't separate us and you're gonna make it through,
This is the promise, this is the promise, I've made to you ... Oh, 
This is the promise, this is the promise, I've made to you".

Hoping you all have a good week ahead, with love

Ingrid x

“Be still and know that I am God” (Psalm 46v10) .... it’s in the stillness, stillness of our hearts that we can know God and see His hand working out the detail of our lives, not necessarily for our gain, but definitely for our best and His glory, even though it sometimes doesn’t feel that way. Be still and trust. X



No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of audio work ~ Sleep To The Psalms

Hi Folks It's been a while and I've decided to reappear to chat some more if that's ok! I've completed a piece of audio work...